Universal Banker | Viroqua
Citizens First Bank is now seeking a Universal Banker to work full-time from our Viroqua branch! Citizens First Bank is a family-owned community bank with roots dating back to 1969. We are proud of our role in helping people and businesses grow and thrive in Viroqua, Sparta, Trempealeau, Viola, Centerville, and Holmen.
Citizens First Bank supports local community organizations and non-profits and our employees take part in community events and volunteer to help improve the lives of others. At Citizens First Bank, our strength is in our people. We believe our employees’ experiences, backgrounds, and lives contribute to their roles and our communities. If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, apply today for consideration!
POSITION SUMMARY: Performs teller duties, both routine and complex accurately and professionally. Assists with customer inquiries/problem solving. Willing to rotate between locations as needed.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Functions as an experienced, fully trained Teller, receiving and processing Teller transactions accurately and timely. Follows Bank procedures when performing transactions on teller machine and other required equipment such as encoder, CRT.
- Handles all face-to-face transactions. Opens new accounts, edits accounts and close customer accounts when necessary.
- Cross sells and/or refers Bank products and services to specific customers through needs identification, maximizing profitable relationship. Interacts with customers to identify their needs. Works with appropriate areas of the Bank to refer customers.
- Verifies and balances assigned cash drawer daily with minimal cash variances. Assists in reconciling errors or discrepancies for self and other tellers. Maintains adequate cash and/or cash drawer limits as required by Bank policy.
- Provides outstanding customer service for all types of customer inquiries and transactions. Includes accurate, professional, efficient service to all customers.
- Opens night deposit vault and ensures contents are processed using dual control at all times. Balances ATM, replenishes cash supply and ensures ATM is working.
- Provide support to the branch operations by scanning and operating the proof machine as needed.
- Rents/grants access to safe deposit boxes. Verifies access authority against safe deposit contracts for each request exercising prescribed controls. Check booth or conference room after each use. Accepts and processes payments for new boxes, renewals, drilling fees and lost key fees. Input safe deposit information to manual and computer system according to established procedures. Purge files as appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 1 to 3 years related cash handling experience and/or related experience preferred
Other Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills
- Customer service focused
- Maintain confidentiality of customer information
- Resourceful, well organized and ability to multitask
- Effective problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Understanding of regulatory compliance
- Sales skills
- Ability to operate a personal computer
- Meets or exceeds annual goals as pre-established by immediate supervisor
- Effectiveness of communications and development of good working relationships with co-workers and customers
- Balances efficiently and accurately, with quarterly offages
- Maintains confidentiality of customer account information
- Follows established policies and procedures in responding to inquiries and requests
- Cross sells additional products/services based on customer profile and customer need
- Willingly participates in bank training, including sales and service training
- In compliance with all regulations related to job duties
PERKS OF WORKING WITH US:
- Competitive wage
- Year-end bonuses
- Discretionary profit share CD contribution
- 3% safe harbor contribution to 401k
- Fully comprehensive benefits package
- Family-oriented culture and teams
- Community involvement and Volunteer PTO
- Bank-sponsored get-togethers outside of work
- All-staff training and celebration days
- And so much more!
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!