Lead Teller – Viroqua
Citizens First Bank in Viroqua is now looking for a Lead Teller to join our team! This position would be responsible for completing all typical job tasks and duties that our Tellers are required to complete and managing the lobby, drive-up and Tellers at our Viroqua branch.
- Is a working manager. Drives all aspects of the Retail sales and service process for a specific location. Promotes, explains, and sells Retail banking products. Asks clients for referrals. Maintains a portfolio of existing Retail customers. Does whatever is necessary on a daily basis to service customers, including functioning as a Universal Banker both in the lobby and in the drive-up, open new accounts and answer phones.
- Cross sells and/or refers Bank products and services to specific customers through needs identification, maximizing profitable relationship. Interacts with customers to identify their needs.
- Verifies and balances assigned cash drawer daily with minimal cash variances. Reconciles errors or discrepancies for team. Maintains adequate cash and/or cash drawer limits as required by Bank policy and ensures team is also following all Bank policies.
- Provides outstanding customer service for all types of customer inquiries and transactions and ensures team is, as well. Includes accurate, professional, efficient service to all customers.
- Rents/grants access to safe deposit boxes. Verifies access authority against safe deposit contracts for each request exercising prescribed controls. Check booth or conference room after each use. Accepts and processes payments for new boxes, renewals, drilling fees and lost key fees. Input safe deposit information to manual and computer system according to established procedures. Purge files as appropriate.
- Supervises a staff of 10 or less people, primarily in the Teller, Customer Relationship Specialist and Personal Banker roles. Coaches and develops employees, including career development plans. Sets goals and evaluates individual performance of direct reports. Works with direct reports to build culture characterized by teamwork and high morale. Assures effective communication across all departments. Regularly communicates goals and results.
- Authorizes transactions in accordance with bank policy (e.g., deposits, withdrawals, check cashing, wire transfers, etc.). Addresses and resolves client concerns and inquiries. Maintains thorough product knowledge of all retail bank products.
- Ensures that Bank policies are consistently adhered to and followed for all direct reports.
- Actively seeks opportunities to strengthen ties between the Bank and the community, while maintaining a positive, professional, and respectful image of the Bank.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years Retail banking experience
- Management experience in a retail or bank setting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination education and experience
Other Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Ability to create a collaborative and motivating team environment
- Ability to develop and advance skills of staff
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer service focused
- Resourceful, innovative and well organized
- Ability to assess problems and/or unusual situations and develop logical solutions
- Strong ethical focus
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of bank regulatory compliance including (but not limited to) Regulation E, Regulation CC, Regulation DO and the Bank Secrecy Act
Why work for Citizens First Bank?
- We are family-first and promote a health work/life balance
- We take care of our customers as we would our own family
- We offer a competitive salary with annual wage increase opportunities
- Year-end bonus opportunities
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- A fully comprehensive benefits package, including: health, dental, vision, disability, and supplementary insurance options
- An employer-sponsored life insurance plan
- And so much more!
Email Amber Wierzba, HR Generalist, your resume if interested: AWierzba@citizensfirstbank.net