Supports the Bank’s overall compliance and audit program, including goals, policies, and plans. Assist in managing and directing the Bank’s compliance program to ensure and verify compliance with all regulatory guidelines and policies. Trains employees on compliance-related materials, compliance operating policies, control systems and procedures.
Primary Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
1. Coordinates with the Chief Risk Officer and Internal Auditor on those tasks assigned to assure the completion of internal reviews, audits and projects.
2. Coordinates corrective actions and revises program, as needed. Regularly reviews and updates program to stay current.
3. Contributes to the formulation and validation of functional objectives, policies and business plans. Reviews other departmental goals and policies as requested as well as coordinate the implementation of department and location compliance practices and procedures. Recommends modifications to existing operating control systems which will improve Bank compliance and related operations.
4. Oversee and assist with compliance-related education and training by department, location and/or individual based on job duties and training assessment.
5. Routinely and regularly conducts research on compliance issues and communicates such research findings to management and employees, as needed. Maintains a compliance resource center and/or online library of resources available for employees to readily access.
6. Collaborate with Internal Audit in reviewing audit findings to ensure all follow-up items are addressed it a timely manner; tracking and documenting corrective action.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities
Work is performed largely within the Bank with limited chance for personal injury. Prolonged and frequent mental and visual concentration required. Periodic stressful situations in response to multiple priorities within established deadlines. Work hours are generally during normal business hours. Unscheduled evening and weekend work may be needed to meet the needs of customers and employees. Occasional travel between offices and out-of-town/overnight business travel may be required. Must be able to lift and move up to 20 pounds of office supplies and equipment. Some bending, turning, and twisting required.
This position description describes the general nature and level of work performed by the employee assigned to this position and should not be interpreted as all inclusive. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the position. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties. All requirements are subject to change and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Bank and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the Bank and requirements of the position change.
Job Type: Full-time
Physical setting: Office
To apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or click Apply Now below.